I'm headed to Studio 5 tomorrow to show how to make these 3-D paper Flower-flakes. They would look lovely as a surprise on your Mother's front door for Mother's Day. They would also make fabulous party decorations. If you can make a traditional six sided snowflake, you can easily make these flowers. Just follow the steps below.
Step 8- Use a glue gun to adhere the smaller flower to the larger base flower.
Step 9- With a round circle punch, punch some centers for the flowers. You can cut circles if you don’t have a circle punch. Adhere them to the center of the flower using a hot glue gun.
Step 10- Make leaves by folding a piece of paper in half, and cutting out a half leaf.
Step 11- Use tacky putty to adhere flowers to doors, walls, & etc.
Have fun experimenting with different designs and see what you come up with. Use jewels, glitter, & sequins to make the centers pop. Play with color combinations & sizes. The possibilities are endless.
• Using hot glue, layer smaller flowers on top of larger flowers to add dimension.
• Use a roll of butcher paper to make a larger flower.
• Add glitter or patterned paper to add pizzazz in the center of the flowers.
• Iron the flowers or leave them folded for different effects.
• Use thin paper. Cardstock is too thick to cut when folded many times.
• Use tacky putty to safely adhere flowers to your Mother’s door to brighten her day.
• Flowers also make great decorations for birthday parties and photo-shoot backdrops.